COVID-19 Update - June 25, 2020
Dear clients, families, and community partners,
GJCC staff have continued to work hard behind the scenes to find new and safe ways to provide resources, supports and services during the pandemic.
We are pleased to let you know that GJCC will be re-opening on a gradual basis beginning on June 29. To allow for physical distancing and other new safety guidelines, access to our sites will be limited, and in-person visits will be by appointment only.
New guidelines will be in place to ensure the safety and well-being of all clients, staff and visitors to our sites.
- All staff and visitors to GJCC sites must complete an active screen for COVID-19. There will be someone to greet you and complete the screening.
- After screening, you will be required to sanitize or wash your hands.
- Those accompanying a child to an appointment will be required to wear a mask (cloth or surgical) during your time on-site as required by City wide order. You may bring your own mask or a clean one-time use one will be provided to you upon arrival.
- All client appointments must be scheduled. Once an appointment is scheduled, you will receive additional information on what to expect.
- Our staff will also be wearing masks or other personal protective equipment
- Things will look and feel quite different while we continue to be impacted by the pandemic.
- Any and all visitors attending GJCC must wear a mask upon entering centre as required by City wide order. Please click on link below to review.
We are very excited to be welcoming clients and visitors back to our sites and look forward to seeing you soon!
Please take care of yourselves and families by following recommendations of government and public health officials. There are a number of websites you can visit for more information.
Government of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus
Thunder Bay District Health Unit: https://www.tbdhu.com/#
Thank you for your patience and understanding. This is a difficult and challenging time for all Canadians. Let's do what we can to support one another.
"One of the most important things you can do on this earth is to let people know they are not alone." - Shannon L. Alder
Tina Bennett, Chief Executive Officer Andy Hay, Board Chair
George Jeffrey Children's Centre (GJCC) is very pleased to enter into a partnership with Child and Community Resources (CCR) to assist them with Ontario Autism Program (OAP) Services.
Effective May 19, 2020 GJCC will be taking on the provision of some of the existing OAP services currently delivered directly through CCR. At this time, this includes a small number of children currently participating in behavior plans. GJCC and CCR have been working diligently over the past several months to ensure these services are preserved in the Thunder Bay District and delivered by trained professional staff. GJCC is looking forward to the addition of the Thunder Bay CCR team to our organization.
GJCCs Board of Directors and Leadership Team view this addition as an opportunity to provide an expanded range of interconnected and multidisciplinary specialized services and therapies for children and families.
We acknowledge that the system is still evolving. As we prepare for a new OAP in April 2021, it is our hope that the new design will include service options for all families.
Tina Bennett, MHS, RSW
Chief Executive Officer
George Jeffrey Children's Centre
Enriching children's lives by meeting their physical, developmental and social needs in a caring, family-centred environment
We are proud to offer programs and services that meet the physical, developmental, and social needs of Northwestern Ontario children of all ages and abilities. Helping children achieve their best by providing family-centred services is an essential part of what we do. Our dedicated and caring professionals acknowledge and respect each family’s uniqueness and seek their advice and guidance to help children reach their potential.